The works include a vertical extension of the existing WaterMarc Aquatic & Leisure Centre building, previously constructed by ADCO, by adding three floors and a mezzanine car park.
The building includes:
- Three levels of office space
- Increase in community meeting rooms and facilities
- Compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act, making it completely accessible
- 2,200m2 of commercially let office space
The construction of the office has special considerations for the operational pool facility below. The works were completed whilst ensuring minimal disruption to the pool operations.
The Mechanical Services consisted of:
- New Air Handling Units and Heat Recovery Units, including Active Chilled Beams, Ductwork, Filtration and Diffusion.
- Central Plant for Chilled Water Systems, Heating Hot Systems, including Chillers, Boilers, Heat Exchangers and Pumps etc.
- Split Air Conditioning Systems
- Natural Gas Reticulation
- Variable Speed Drives.
- Supply and Exhaust Systems and Fans.
- BMS Controls.
- MSSBs and Electrical.
- Testing and Commissioning.
- Warranty Maintenance and Service